The CashDuck Blog

Get the inside scoop on what's going on at CashDuck.com!

Monday, September 04, 2006

Getting set up

I'm trying to do everything totally by the book with this business so that come tax time it will be very easy to tell what is mine and what is CashDuck's - with a sole proprietorship run out of your house it can get a little messy sometimes. ;) So I set up a business checking account with National City (the lady asked me why and I said because they were open on Saturdays) and a business PayPal account, and I want to make sure I pay for everything business-related out of one of those two accounts. That way it will be a lot easier to determine what the profit or loss was for tax purposes.

This is what I have covered so far:

Business checking
Business PayPal
Bought the domain
Have money on the way to fund the website creation

What I need to do:
Actually buy the website software and sign up for affiliate networks
Buy business cards (they're cute and don't look like regular business cards!)
Customize website so it looks good
Buy checks (with ducks, duh)
Go out and find users!

1 Comments:

Blogger D.R. said...

I have to say - I am blown away by your ambition. You are 23 - have a business started and are firing on all cylinders - If Only I had half your focus when I was age I'm sure I would be in a much better situation financially.

who knew I could be inspired by a 23 yr old...of course I have just subscribed to your main blog - Penny Foolish. keep up the great work.

-Reggie

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home