The CashDuck Blog

Get the inside scoop on what's going on at CashDuck.com!

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Something I felt I should clarify...

I have received several emails and trouble tickets that seem to indicate this isn't widely known, so I thought I should clarify...

When you sign up for an offer, say Stamps.com, the only thing I see to indicate that you have signed up for it is that if everything went fine, I will see your username show up on an Excel sheet generated by the advertising network. Stamps.com doesn't call me. I don't call them. The only contact I have with Stamps.com is through the advertising network running the offers - if you aren't credited for some reason, the advertising network must contact Stamps.com and see if you really did complete it, and then they will credit me and I will credit you. Although you are accessing Stamps.com through CashDuck, the link from CashDuck is merely a redirect and doesn't track you at all. The tracking is done by the advertising network serving the offer.

So if you don't get credit immediately, it isn't because I don't like you, or it's a full moon out (ok, it might be due to a full moon!)

It's because somewhere someplace between your computer and the Stamps.com server, or between the Stamps.com server and the advertising network's server, something got lost in the shuffle.

I don't have personal control over what gets approved and what doesn't. I really do want you guys to get credit for as many things as possible. Remember, I don't get paid unless YOU get paid. And you have to get paid a pretty good amount of money before I get paid. So don't think I'm not motivated to try to keep the offers approving as fast as they can!

The reason I don't accept noncredit requests for freebie offers such as surveys or information requests is mostly because these are almost never actually checked up on by the advertising network. The offer isn't lucrative enough for them to put the manpower into it. I do submit as many noncredit requests as I get for trials, because these have a better paper trail and an account number and all sorts of good documentation.

I can refund money - I will always refund for $1 trials if I can't get you credit - but I cannot refund you time. And unfortunately if time is all you put into a freebie offer, I can't do much about it. I strive to put up freebie offers because they're a good way to make money without spending any, but unfortunately they aren't as big a priority for the networks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home