The CashDuck Blog

Get the inside scoop on what's going on at CashDuck.com!

Saturday, September 09, 2006

I will be drowning in custom printed supplies...

OK, I just bought a whole crapload of stuff from VistaPrint for CashDuck. I had put together a business card that I liked, and it was VERY reasonable (about $25 for 500 color printed back and front, glossy) but I left it in the cart for a few days and apparently the offer expired. However, VistaPrint kept sending me emails about free stuff. So I ended up creating a new account in order to get a not-quite-as-reasonable business card printing (and I see now that I accidentally ordered 1000 cards, not 500 - price is still good though) without the glossy for $43 including shipping. The thing that really annoys me is that they charge you $5 per uploaded image, but I don't see how it matters to them one way or another. Probably they figure most people will want to use their own logo and thus will have to pay for it. So for the business cards, I had to pay $3.74 for the first uploaded image (the front of the card) and $4.99 for the image on the back.

Then I used the cashduck account with VistaPrint to order a bunch of free stuff - one order contained 100 postcards, a rubber stamp, 10 flower notecards, one notepad, 25 business card magnets, and a roll of return address labels for $23 ($13 shipping plus a $5 fee for the uploaded image on the magnets, and $5 for the magnets themselves.) I noticed that in my "portfolio" all of the items were still showing as a cost of free, so I put in another order for postcards, notecards, a notepad, and another set of business card magnets for $10 (no charge for the magnets this time, the cost is from shipping.) I don't recall the magnets having a charge other than the image charge on the first order, but it's still pretty reasonable considering I am getting a bunch of other stuff.

So my total haul, for $76:

1000 color front and back business cards
20 flower notecards
2 duck notepads
50 business card magnets
Rubber stamp
Roll of address labels
200 postcards (half duck, half flowers)

I should not need any more of this crap for YEARS (except maybe the business cards.) The notecards and flower postcards are really for me, not for the business.

I think VistaPrint was reasonably easy to use and the stuff really isn't that expensive, it just pisses me off when I get an offer and when I come back it isn't valid anymore, and I have to jump through hoops to get a price even close to what they offered the first time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home