The CashDuck Blog

Get the inside scoop on what's going on at CashDuck.com!

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Checkout clerks run when they see me coming

At the store, I'm one of those annoying people who appears to have no items to check out, yet stands there for FOREVER while the cash register bips and boops. Why? Because I'm buying 15 gift cards at a time. The clerks see the stack and they smile at me in that way that lets you know they wish you'd picked another line. But here I am. Ring me up, babe.

Yesterday I got ten Starbucks cards and fifteen Target cards. At the Starbucks, the guy made a joke about me being a "big spender" and asked if I wanted any coffee with my $100 worth of cards. I said no, I don't really drink coffee, but my customers do! And I gave him the elevator speech about CashDuck. One of the other employees in the store actually looked very interested, so I gave him a couple of mini flyers.

Didn't get the chance to proselytize for CashDuck at the Target, since it seems like they are not encouraged to make small talk at ours, but I got fifteen $10s and one $20 as someone had requested two $10s.

This week I should also be going to Walmart to get $5 cards - I ordered more $10 cards through the website, but they don't have $5 cards there so I have to go to the actual store which is a decent ways away. I'll probably get 15 or so there, they've been very popular. I guess you guys have Walmarts closer than I do. =)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to know what is the elevator speech about CashDuck?:)

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home